Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another good day

Noah had a happy Sunday. No incidents through the night, nor during the day. He kept the nurses busy all day by pulling off his breathing apparatus. The nurses would try to tell him off but he would just smile at them, he's just so cute. I have to think that Noah is telling us "hey, I don't need no stinking breathing machine, I can do this on my own - send me home!" :)
Noah has a new toy to play with. It makes the most awful music and has hideous flashing lights, I'm sure it will drive the nurses demented, but Noah loves it so who cares!

Thijs and I got some well needed rest last night, our eyes are again more white than red. I can't tell you how good it feels to be so close to Noah. I never realised what a weight I was carrying around until it was gone just by being so close to him. Even though Noah seems to have turned the corner, I don't think we will go back to Den Haag just yet. It's just too nice being able to go in and see Noah whenever we want to.

Next week, Tuesday, Noah is scheduled for a surgical look at his lungs and throat. I'm not sure if that is still going ahead now that he's getting better, but I will keep you all posted as soon as I know anything. Oma and Opa Drosten are going to visit on Wednesday so I'm sure that will cheer him up.

Well that's all the news from Rotterdam. Thanks again for all the messages of support.

The Drostens

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have mac breakfast, mac lunch, mac dinner and mac snack with Noah. Enjoy the time together.


p.s. stay away from the mac kroket (it's verschrikkelijk)

Anneke said...

I would say, stay there as long as you'd like. Am sure Noah is very happy with the parental attention so win-win.

Even far removed aunts miss him after a few days, so: where are the pictures? :-)

Ritchie said...

Hi Snod glad all is well and you guys are comfortable there and the we man is picking up. I am loving the updates too. is the big man driving to work from the RMDhouse? how is he going camping out? as long as you guys are a family it kind of doesn't mater I now when we go on holidays and the kids get out of shape because they are out of a routine. its like as long as you are all together you can front any thing and every thing else sort of doesn't mater. But I now the RMDhouse out hear is very nice and they also have staff for helping with grief and other parents in similar situations and its always good to feel you are not alone in Wat you are going thru.
Look love you guys
call me when you get back I have a full week ahead so by byb for now

Anonymous said...

Hi Thijs&louise,
It's good to read that Noah is doing better! We're often thinking about him and we wish all the best for your family! Glad you can stay at the RMD-house if its necessary. I would try the MacKroket though (When in Wales try the 'Selsig Morgannwg' for comparison... ;^) But seriously, just wanted to tell that we're thinking of you and have a good time with your son!. Next time we'll visit I will think of a new, most irritating toy as a gift for Noah

xxx Bas&Loes